The original item was published from September 15, 2021 to August 18, 2021 12:12 PM
Though today architecture favors sharp, simplistic shapes, DeMers Avenue hasn’t strayed far from this Image. This image is from 1938 found in A Meeting of the Reds: East Grand Forks 1887-1987, Volume 2. Page 649. Back when neon signs were in its golden years from 1923 to the late 1950s. And though neon gave way to LED lights, it still shines an aesthetic light on history.
Browse our RRV Special Collection at the library for more Red River Valley history!